Inerting of waste
It deals with the treatment and recovery of marine-river sediments through a multifunctional platform. This process involves:
Waste inertization consists in the incorporation of pollutants in an inert matrix, through a chemical and / or physical process. The goal is to reduce the polluting potential and the dangerousness of waste, thus making it suitable for subsequent phases: landfill disposal for non-hazardous waste, or recovery.
● STABILIZATION or solidification with inorganic reagents (eg: cement, lime, clay)
● SOLIDIFICATION with organic reagents (eg: thermoplastic materials, and polymers)
- Accumulation / storage of the material to be treated (hoppers or accumulation tanks depending on the consistency of the waste).
- Weighing and collection systems for the material to be treated.
- Transport system of the material to the treatment “reactor” (belts, extraction screws, volumetric pumps, etc.).
- Any stages of refinement of the material (crushing, screening, iron removal, etc.).
- Stabilization / solidification reactor, normally a mixer that makes contact between the material and the chemical reagents responsible for the chemical-physical transformations.
- Reagent dosing system
- Conveyor system for unloading the treated material (belts, extraction screws).
- Storage and maturation of the treated material.
- Possible section of suction and aeriform treatment.